Identity and Access Management
Tuesday 29 November
Identity and Access Management
Tuesday 29 November, Online
Identity and access management (IAM) is one of the key components of modern business, especially in the hybrid age. Workers need remote access to critical systems, but businesses are under increasing regulatory pressure to secure and protect their networks. IAM addresses both demands.
IAM's ever-increasing list of features include biometrics, behaviour analytics and AI, but this rapidly-developing area requires more than just strong technical knowledge; IT leaders also need the skills to liaise with and work across business departments. In addition, IAM's status as a manager of both digital identities and system access makes it a high-value target to attackers. Oversight and monitoring are key to maintaining control.
Join us on 29th November for DeskFlix: The Future of Identity and Access Management, where we’ll look at what’s coming in areas including: regulation, tech developments, system security, and remote access.
Deskflix - Identity and Access Management Agenda
Hear Computing's Research Director, John Leonard present our most recent project exploring the future if IAM.
The cybersecurity scare is real but with a best-in-class RMM solution, you can beat cybercriminals at their own game. That's right, your RMM is a security solution even for remote workers!
A top notch RMM can not only improve your security posture and reduce the risk of an attack, but also save you money and precious time by automating important security processes such as patching, detecting threats, and auto-remediating incident recovery.
Tune in to learn tips and tricks for closing the door on ransomware, solving vulnerabilities, and monitoring for and remediating breaches. Secure your clients and business to free up your time for higher-value work or spending more time with your family.
Nearly 3 years on from the COVID-19 pandemic forcing swathes of the global workforce out of their office and into semi-permanent remote working environments, many firms are still faced with the question of how to optimise the experience of their employees without compromising on vital security features. This panel will explore issues including:
- Not all multi-factor authentication tools are created equally and how hardware-based MFA solutions are outstripping their purely software-based counterparts
- An analysis of the benefits and challenges of a decentralised vs centralised IAM model and how your team can decide which works best for them
- Novel solutions to mitigate account takeover risk and costly breaches that leave your business both financially and legally vulnerable
Overprivileged accounts being compromised by bad actors has been a core theme of many recent security breaches and as such many vendors have redressed their approach along Just in Time PAM or zero-standing-privileges in order to mitigate the risks. In this fireside chat you’ll learn how to:
- Reassess account privileges in line with real-world necessity to mitigate unnecessary account-takeover risk
- Discover the varying approaches thought-leaders are taking to enforce least privileged access across users and applications
- Juxtaposition the “zero standing privileges” approach with more traditional methods
Are you running from your problems? Or towards them? The work-from-anywhere and on any device environment has emerged, making it harder than ever to keep the bad guys out. We can no longer rely on a physical perimeter, but we can modernise our identity controls to better safeguard our users, devices, applications and data.
In this session we explore how an identity-first approach can drastically improve your security posture, while also improving the end user experience.
- Learn how to position your IT department as business partners to other internal functions and how to work with them to develop IAM protocols that facilitate business functions whilst maintaining high-level security
- Understand what it takes to benchmark acceptable levels of risk with business partners
- Shift your organisation’s culture from change-resistant to change-adopting
>> Connect with 200 UK IT leaders from around the UK
>> Join us from anywhere on your desktop or tablet, for free
>> Ask industry experts your burning questions, in real time
>> Network with sponsors in the virtual exhibition
>> Enter our competitions to win great prizes!